Natural Product-Drug Interaction Summer Internship Available
Apply by May 18th, 2018
|The Informatics Core of the Center of Excellence for Natural Product** Drug Interaction (NaPDI) Research is currently recruiting for 2 summer internship positions.**|
|The candidates will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to develop new content and validate existing content for a new natural product-drug interaction data repository. The content will come from drug metabolism/pharmacokinetic and analyticalchemistrystudies completed by the NaPDI Center, other natural product research laboratories, and from studies already published in the literature. The candidates will also 1) provide input on the development of a public website that disseminates natural product-drug interaction data; 2) help develop a recommended approach document for making the data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (FAIR); and 3) draft clinical annotations for specific natural product-drug interactions. Candidates should have a strong drug metabolism/pharmacokinetic data analysis background and an interest in informatics. This is a great opportunity for individuals who have recently completed a PharmD or PhD in a Pharmacology related field. Consideration will be given to individuals late in their PharmD or PhD training provided they have sufficient knowledge and experience. The candidate must be comfortable with participation in web meetings since the project will be managed remotely by a multidisciplinary team of advisors.|
Duration: 8 weeks, 37.5 hour work week
- Location: This job can be conducted remotely from the candidate's location. If desired by the candidate, physical space can be made available at the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA; Indiana University in Indianapolis, IN; or at Washington State University, Spokane, WA.
- Dates: June 4th through July 27th, 2018
- Compensation: Participants receive an hourly rate commensurate with the professional nature of the work. Interns are responsible for travel, housing, food, health insurance, and living expenses.
- Application Deadline: Friday, May 11th, 2018 (email if you need a short extension)
- Confirmation: before May 23rd, 2018
- Submit your resume/CV to: email@example.com